Headway People is a leading direct sourcing specialist recruiting exclusively for the higher education, research and training sectors. ICN Business School has engaged our services for the recruitment of an outstanding individual located in Nancy for the position of:
Associate Dean Quality & Accreditations (H/F)
1/ About ICN
Founded in 1905, EQUIS, AMBA & AACSB accredited, ICN Business School, a French Grande Ecole, is one of the leading business schools in Europe with campuses in Nancy and Paris and Berlin.
ICN Business School strives to be a reference in innovative, transdisciplinary and responsible business education in the heart of Europe.
ICN prepares students and managers to meet the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s workplace.
Innovation, creativity and the capacity to work beyond traditional disciplinary borders are fostered through the school’s ATM teaching and learning philosophy, and ongoing commitment to the SDGs.
In line with its mission and vision, ICN Business School values openness, commitment and team spirit from faculty, staff and students.
The School counts 3,000 students across three campuses (Nancy, Paris and Berlin), a highly international faculty of 80 professors, more than 120 partner universities around the world and a vast corporate network.
2/ About the role:
The Associate Dean, Quality & Accreditations reporting to the Dean, directs and oversees the development, implementation, and administration of the School’s international accreditation and institutional efforts (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA), in support of the School’s core mission and educational goals.
This position creates a vision for development, monitoring and coordination of the accreditation compliance efforts, ensuring that all compliance activities are effectively integrated and in support of the accreditation objectives across all three campuses.
The AD is also responsible for data collection cycles and activities required to respond to the international surveys associated with the accreditation bodies (BSQ, AMBA…).
Duties and responsibilities include (non-exhaustive list):
- Manage the portfolio of ICN international accreditations and relevant timelines to ensure consistent compliance with the on-going requirements and outcomes standards,
- Monitor changes to international accreditations standards, eligibility requirements, and policies to frame and anticipate change in the School policies, procedures, processes,
- Represent ICN and serves as the school liaison with accrediting agencies to reinforce the long-term influence of ICN on accreditation requirements,
- Prepare, coordinate and write all self-evaluation reports, together with gathering of supporting evidence, and manage the preparation and logistics of accreditation visits
- Provide leadership on accreditation and continuous improvement efforts to meet international accreditation standards,
- Advise, provide guidance to and communicate frequently with and faculty and programme directors and committees on accreditation and assessment related activities,
- Provide expertise, guidance, and support to faculty, staff, departments, programmes, and the AOL committee to plan, implement, and use the assessment of student learning to improve teaching and learning, and the student experience,
- Make recommendations on systematic, ongoing data collection and processes within the school for accreditation, management and communication purposes with a rigorous and systematic approach to provide continuous improvement,
- Pilot the data controlling and knowledge management process to ensure the availability and storage of data within the current regulatory frameworks.
The AD manages a team of four (Learner Support & Assurance of Learning Manager, two Accreditation Coordinators and a Document Controller) and guarantees that all operations of the office and responsibilities remain consistent with the applicable school’s policies and procedures.
The successful applicant must have a Master's or doctoral degree, as well as academic credibility built upon achievements and success in business school international accreditations, preferably in a triple crown school (AACSB, EQUIS and/or AMBA).
3/ Person specification:
- Master’s or doctoral degree level
- Sound experience in course, programme, and/or school learning outcomes assessment, including developing objectives and timelines, common metrics, qualitative and quantitative methods, instruments for assessment, and/or tracking tools
- Success in leading and managing diverse teams in a fast moving academic context - especially in organizational, planning, and project management skills with the ability to work effectively, accurately, and with minimum supervision to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Interpersonal, writing, and oral communication skills in French and in English and ability to work collaboratively with administration, faculty and students
4/ Desirable personal qualities:
- Ability to make recommendations and convince others
- Collaborative spirit, ability to work in cooperation with others
- Service and results-oriented focus
- Empathy towards others, ability to explain and to show diplomacy
- Team leadership
- Full-time senior management contract (CDI), with a 4-month probationary period renewable once
- Position based in Nancy requiring frequent national and international travel
- Remuneration package in line with the successful applicant’s profile and experience
Candidates should submit a detailed CV, cover letter and list of references to: email@example.com
Following two to three interviews with the Headway People recruitment consultants, shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend further interviews with our client’s senior management team.
|Opening position date||03-06-2023|