HEADway People is a leading direct sourcing specialist recruiting exclusively for the higher education, research and training sectors. ESSCA, a leading School of Management based in Angers and with numerous campus locations throughout France and overseas, has engaged our services for the recruitment of an outstanding individual for the position of:
DEAN OF FACULTY
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of ESSCA, the Dean of Faculty will be responsible for the following main activities:
1. Manage, develop and organise the Core Faculty
As part of these duties, the successful applicant will propose all necessary measures to support the development of professors, promotions, salary increases, and individual plans for personal development and training. To this end, the Dean of Faculty will draw on the recommendations of the recently created Joint Review Panel, the Associate Dean for Research and the Associate Dean for Teaching & Learning.
2. Support the Teaching & Research Unit (UER) and Teaching Unit (UE) Managers in their duties
In particular, assist these managers in their duties of coordinating teaching programmes and approaches, supervising their teams, making management decisions, drawing up workload plans for full-time faculty, requesting leave in keeping with ESSCA's rules and regulations, and coordinating the management of lecturers in conjunction with the relevant programme directors.
3. In conjunction with the Programme Directors, contribute to the Group's programme development strategy. This will entail:
4. Support the quality of teaching on all campuses, in line with the teaching policy drawn up by the Associate Dean for Teaching & Learning.
5. Support the development and stimulation of academic research within the Faculty as well as strengthening its impact on ESSCA's economic and professional environment, in line with the research policy drawn up by the Associate Dean for Research.
6. Manage the incoming and outgoing flow of core faculty in line with the Odyssée24 Strategic Plan.
7. Run and/or participate in and/or represent the School at various commission and committee meetings: Qualification Committee, Joint Review Panel, Faculty Management Committee (FAMCO).
8. Take part in the CSE (Social & Economic Committee) meetings as a representative of the Senior Management team.
9. Contribute to the development of academic partnerships with other reputable Institutions.
Previous experience and essential qualifications
Desirable personal qualities
Please email your full application (CV, covering letter and references) to: email@example.com.
Following two to three interviews with the HEADway People recruitment consultants, shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend further interviews with our client’s senior management team.
|Opening position date||As soon as posible|