HEADway People is a leading direct sourcing specialist recruiting exclusively for the higher education, research and training sectors.
EDHEC Business School has engaged our services for the recruitment of an outstanding individual for the position of:
Deputy Program Director, International BBA Program, Lille Campus
1/ About the Job
Under the management of the BBA Program Director in Lille, the deputy director will have the following missions:
- Lead BBA Business Management Track for years 1 and 2 of the Program (both French and English Tracks);
- Manage program delivery and academic content for these 2 years of BBA in conjunction with the Program Director in Nice;
- Work with the other BBA Program Directors in charge of other Tracks / years / campuses;
- Work with the program administrative team;
- Work with the BBA Marketing, Business Development and Admissions Managers to participate in marketing and admissions of the BBA program.
The Deputy Program Director of years 1 and 2 BBA Business Management Track, Lille, within the BBA team, should embody these two years of the program for all stakeholders – students, faculty, staff, companies and corporate partners and alumni.
Academic role :
- Contribute to defining the structure and content of the BBA Business management Track to ensure connection between academic research and industry practice and to comply with accreditation needs (French Ministry of Education, AACSB, EQUIS, syllabi, Assurance of Learning, …);
- Annually review and revise the years 1 and 2 program based on current research, needs of market, business trends, student feedback, and contribute to the strategic direction of the BBA Program.
- Drive improvement and innovation in content and student experience in order to enhance program outcomes, student employability, performance in rankings and accreditations,
- Take responsibility for quality control to ensure quality delivery of the program in conjunction with faculty;
- Ensure quality of candidates, working with the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies, the other BBA Program Directors and the marketing, business development and admissions teams to refine recruitment strategies.
Management and Administrative role :
- Work with the BBA Business Management Track, Lille administrative team;
- Manage the teaching activities of professors involved in the Track;
- Manage relations with the HUB team for operations;
- Manage students of years 1 and 2 of the BBA Business Management Track, Lille; overall responsibility for ensuring their fulfilment of School Policies, and responsibility for student support;
- Work with Employment Engagement Team (BBA Career Centre and Corporate Relations) to increase quantity and quality of post-BBA placement and to engage corporates in the program, as well as with the Study Abroad Office Team;
- Ensure respect of policies and procedures of program and wider institution;
- Prepare and organize end of year Jury for years 1 and 2 of the BBA Business Management Track, Lille;
- Ensure running of student representative meetings for years 1 and 2 Lille, and
- Participation in various internal meetings: BBA Management Committee, Teaching Committee, etc.;
- Represent and promote interests of the International BBA in School Committees;
- Represent and promote the International BBA externally in interactions with key external stakeholders (International Advisory Board, accreditation agencies, …) as the case may arise;
- Play a key leadership role in Welcome Days/ Opening Ceremonies at the beginning of the Academic Year, as well as at Parents’ Days;
- Manage the budgetary aspects of years 1 and 2 BBA Business Management Track, Lille.
2/ Required profile
Previous experience and essential qualifications:
- PhD or other doctoral degree preferably obtained from an EQUIS and/or AACSB accredited institution;
- Native or bilingual French; proven fluency in English;
- Proven experience in effectively leading and managing Undergraduate or Master’s programs,
- Multicultural experience, international experience desirable;
- University level teaching in a business or management discipline;
- Ability to initiate and drive strategic change;
- Ability to engage academic staff in development of program;
- Ability to establish collaborative and constructive working relationships across spectrum of professional support staff.
Desirable personal qualities
3/ The position
The position will be based in the School’s Lille campus, requiring some travel in France and occasionally internationally.
Conditions and remuneration package in line with the successful candidate’s profile and experience.
Full-time management contract, with a 4-month probationary period. The new Programme Director will be expected to take up their appointment as soon as possible.
4/ Recruitment process: Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Following a series of interviews with HEADway recruitment consultants, shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend further interviews with the school’s senior management team.
|Opening position date||06-13-2022|