Head of Marketing Department F/M
HEADway People is a leading direct sourcing specialist recruiting exclusively for the higher education, research and training sectors.
Head of Marketing Department M/F.
NEOMA Business School, a leading School of Management based in Rouen, Reims and Paris, has engaged our services for the recruitment of an outstanding individual for the position of Head of Marketing Department M/F.
About the job
Under the responsibility of the Associate Dean for Faculty & Research, the Heads of Department are responsible for managing the professors in their department on all the campuses.
They are guarantors of the high quality of teaching delivered within the various programs and contribute to the development of research excellence as well as publication strategies of the professors under their responsibility.
They also play an active role in the development and implementation of the institution’s strategy.
The main activities of a Head of Department are the following:
- Management of department professors
- Running the department, including but not limited to holding meetings and interviews (e.g., Annual Individual Interviews, Professional interview and others)
- Developing/approving activity plans for department professors (for teaching, research, and service) as well as reports in line with Faculty Handbook rules
- Identifying the needs in terms of training and career development of the members of the department
- Setting/monitoring annual objectives for permanent professors
- Acting as guarantors of the high quality of the department’s teaching, and allocating efficiently resources to programs
- Playing an active role in the recruitment of Professors and Visiting Professors together with the Associate Dean for Faculty & Research
- Taking care of the recruitment of adjunct faculty involved in the programmes in line with strategic requirements and qualification criteria drawn up by the school
- Overseeing the provision of teaching documents for students, syllabi, and examination subjects, in collaboration with course coordinators and course pedagogical teams
- Ensuring respect of key timelines in the operational calendar, including course coordinator assignment, syllabi entry, staffing deadlines, exam material provision, and grades entry
- Allocating faculty’s resources in a way to leverage their skills while assuring that programs and School’s objectives (e.g., accreditation ratios and requirements) are met
- Following up on quality related data and taking appropriate action (course evaluations, student feedback, ..)
- Together with the Innovative Pedagogy Director, ensuring the development of the department’s teaching through the implementation of innovative teaching tools and the development of the faculty’s pedagogical skills, whilst implementing the strategy of the School
- Support and follow-up of scientific outputs of the department
- Support the growth of research excellence within the department
- Together with the Research Director, playing an active support role in drawing up research agendas
- Collaborating with the other stakeholders in the institution that play a role in the implementation of the strategy
- Acting as department representative in collaborations with other heads of department and directors to make decisions regarding operational issues and implementation of strategic directions affecting the faculty
- Representing their department and/or the Academic Departments more generally to implement and improve transversal institutional processes
Previous experience and essential qualifications
- Academic profile, educated to PhD / doctoral degree level
- A minimum experience of 10 years working as a professor and researcher
- Proven managerial credentials and ability to work in a team
- Proven academic credentials in terms of research
- Strong international academic network
- Experience of recruiting faculty members
- International career background
- Native English oral and written skills
- Working knowledge of French is a plus, but it is not necessary for the job
Desirable personal qualities
- Proven leadership qualities and skills, charismatic
- Innovation and creativity
- A true passion for education
- Service-oriented culture, where the student experience is seen as paramount
- Empathy towards others, with excellent relationship-building and communication skills both internally and externally
- Service and performance-oriented culture
- Rigorous, structured, good at organising others and organised.
- Full-time Professorial contract, with a 3-month probationary period,
- French “cadre” (i.e., management) status
- The role will be based in Rouen or Reims, requiring regular national and international travel,
- renewable once,
- Attractive remuneration package in line with the successful candidate’s profile and experience
- The new Head of Marketing Department will be expected to take up their appointment in January 2022 at the latest.
Please email your full application (CV, covering letter, last courses evaluations and references) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following two to three interviews with the HEADway People recruitment consultants, shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend further interviews with our client’s senior management team.